The Talk co-host Aisha Tyler's husband files for divorce after 22 years of marriage

Actress, comedian and The Talk co-host, Aisha Tyler and her husband Jeff Tietjens are divorcing after 22 years of marriage.
Tietjens who's an Attorney, filed for divorce earlier this month, citing irreconcilable differences. They have been separated since January 2015, according to court documents obtained by various news agencies like People, E! News and TMZ-which first broke the news.



Tietjens is not asking for spousal support for now, but is reserving the right to do so at a later date if he changes his mind, according to the court documents.

The couple were college sweethearts and got married in 1994.

Tyler opened up on The Talk in 2013 about their struggles to conceive.
"The hardest part is I really love my husband – he's such a good person and he would be such a great father,". But we just decided it wasn't worth it to go through that and so we decided to stop. It was better to not go through that torture." 
"After 40 your chances of getting pregnant are between 2 and 8 percent," the actress (who was 42 at the time) said.
"In my particular case, they were less than 5 percent. I'm old, in baby years, that's old to be trying to get pregnant."
She added that a doctor told her eventually, "Look, based on what we're seeing here, I just don't think this is going to happen for you."
In an interview with The Huffington Post in September 2014 she said:
"I wanted families and couples to know that it was a valid choice not to get on this crazy merry-go-round of IVF and tens and tens of thousands of dollars,". "People who do what I do for a living can afford that stuff, but most people can't. They mortgage their homes and they break themselves."
"And by the way," she continued, "most of them don't get pregnant. We only focus on the Cinderella stories. We don't focus on all the people that don't do it. And I wanted people to feel, men and women, it's OK to say, 'I love my marriage, I love my life, I choose not to have children.'" 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DCMA PROTECTED